Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

I know it's Memorial Day, yet you get an entire weekend. Go figure.

What I've been up to:
- Knee is still bugging me. I got an MRI and apparently I have a tear or a bone chip. The drugs have really been knocking me out.
- My van (Ote) got stolen during my MRI. It got recovered less than a day later. They stole a really old exercise bike and my prescription meds, but left a bunch of stuff. Like my Maglite and Leatherman. Oh, and a really big dent in the side. They took the entire ignition. Since I paid so little on the van I had no insurance save for Liability. So now I start it with a 1" chisel. I actually like my van better now.
- I was a DJ for a Junior High School dance. I'll be honest, it was slightly scary. Small girls in a pack screaming is not for the faint of heart. For those of you who know me, you'll know my music sense is not that encompassing. So I probably confused the kids when I asked them 'Is that a fast song?'. I replayed songs (which they loved) and took my playlist from their suggestions (which they also loved). Even my bosses complimented on my gig. Interesting evening.
- Bacon on sale!

Kroeger has pre-cooked bacon on sale for $2 a pack. I am very tempted to go nuts on this.
- My Bexley house is still for rent. This is getting frustrating. I got a notice from Bexley saying I had to mow the back lawn (it is currently a jungle and home to at least one rabbit). That's what I'll be up to this weekend.
- The latest book I'm trying to read for book club is 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. I don't know that much about it. I think it's about a trial and race issues, but I'm not sure. It took me almost 40 pages into the book to realize it was being narrated by a female. I made it a point after I found out what book we were reading not to find out about the book.
- I've discovered flavoured water. You can buy these small packets that you put in water and it flavours it. On the one hand I don't feel very caveman-ish by having to add taste to water, but I seem to be drinking that more than pop, which I figure in the grand scheme of things is good.

No comments: